Houston DUI Attorney: Driving Under Influence Facts
Just to show how serious of a problem drunk during has become; the state of Texas is sadly among the top ten when it comes to states with the largest number of fatalities related to drunk driving. This leaves thousands of victims dead, while numerous others suffer from devastating injuries. لعبة روليت اون لاين Although some drivers only commit one time DUI offenses, some are repeat offenders involved in numerous cases. It’s estimated that fifty to seventy percent of drivers would continue driving even after their license was suspended before the use of interlock devices became the established penalty in all the states. لعبة القمار بوكر Houston DUI Attorneys at the Butler Law Firm, believe that there is no acceptable excuse when it comes to drunk driving. We are here to help you seek the justice you deserve if you or someone close to you has been injured or worse, murdered as a result of an accident caused by drunk driving. العاب فلوس حقيقية
Drunk Driving Statistics Sheet
- In 2015, fatalities associated with cases of drunk driving in Texas were about 1,440
- Drivers arrested for DUI offenses in Texas numbered 99,000 in the year 2015
- In 2015, more than 71,000 drivers in Texas on DUI charges were sentenced
- About 41 percent of traffic-related deaths in Texas in 2015 were as a result of drunk driving
- In 2015, over 15,600 Texas residents suffered injuries associated with alcohol-related accidents
- More than six billion Texan tax dollars go towards footing the bill for DUI accidents each year
- A higher percentage of drunk drivers die in motor vehicle accidents than their non-DUI counterparts
- In fact, those driving under the influence are eleven times more likely to lose their lives in DUI related accidents
- In 2011, about six hundred and sixty drivers under the age of 18 were arrested for DUI related offenses in the state of Texas
- In the US, someone dies at the hands of a drunk driver, every forty minutes
- It is estimated that 3 in 10 people are involved in DUI related accidents
- 21 to 24-year-old drivers are responsible for about 35 percent of deadly DUI related accidents
- Before they are caught, regular people will drive drunk for more than 80 occasions
- About 18 percent of all deadly motor vehicle accidents are attributed to drug use and banned substances
- Surprisingly, fifty to seventy percent of drivers who have suspended licenses keep on driving
Even with the above figures in mind, it’s worth noting that drunk driving isn’t a problem that simply revolves around statistics. It is a human disaster that is deeply rooted; one that comes with an emotionally taxing effect on families.
What To Do If You Are Involved In A DUI
When a drunken person decides to drive a motor vehicle, they recklessly and negligently put the lives of many others at risk. If you have been involved in a DUI related accident and suffered injuries as a result, you should know that you have legally enforceable rights. You can sue for compensation in the form of damages for all the suffering you have undergone with the help of a Houston DUI Attorney from The Butler Law Firm. You can file a personal injury claim in pursuit of compensation relating to:
• Lost wages
• Reduced earning potential
• All related medical bills; past and ongoing
• Physical and mental pain
• Burial costs in cases involving fatalities
• For cases involving penalties, punitive damages
Do You Need A Houston DUI Attorney?
For over twenty years, we at The Butler Law Firm have been representing the interests of victims of DUI related accidents in the Houston, Texas area. If you have been slapped with a Drunk While Driving charge in the Houston area, and think that there are many things you would have changed after reading this, some hope still remains for you. Now that you have an idea of what you haven’t done at this point; and are familiar with our recommendations with regard to your wellbeing, we don’t want to gamble with the possible outcome of your claim anymore that you have; more so, regarding the legal claim process. We specifically handle these types of situations, helping our clients out of such cases on a daily basis. To ascertain this, check out some past cases.
Our main focus, regardless of how the claim process turns out, is assisting you to make positive steps into the future. Contact a Houston DUI Attorney by calling us at (713) 236-8744. Visit the blog for more.