About Texas DUI Law
The Harris Poll shows that almost half of people surveyed are likely to look at a website with lawyers on it to learn more about legal matters. This is something that a lot of people do that have legal issues.
You can use the internet to find legal assistance on the cheap because over half of the lawyers with practices and most with firms have a website. That’s why if you need to get legal help, you can find it online when searching for local attorneys.
One of the main reasons people need legal help is due to getting a DUI. There are over a million people each year that get a DUI as their first offense. sportfogadás app In the state of Texas in 2015, there were close to 100,000 arrests for DUIs with 70,000 or so convictions. If you ever have to deal with a DUI in Texas, there are legal questions you may have. Prior to working with anyone in the legal field, go through the FAQs here.
What are the area’s BAC limits set at? tippmix szelvény nyertes
If you are of legal drinking age, you have to have a BAC of over 0.08% to be convicted of a DUI and if you’re driving a commercial vehicle the limit is half of that at 0.04%. If you’re not of legal drinking age, you can’t have any alcohol at all in your system legally.
What if I’m a minor? What will happen if I’m caught when I’m drinking and driving?
Texas is known for having a zero tolerance policy with alcohol and minors. elo tippmix If you are a first time offender, here are some of the ways you can get into trouble:
- Suspended license for up to a whole year.
- A fine of $500
- Working with a 12-hour program on alcohol education
- A device that locks your ignition if you’re drunk and/or community service
- What if I’m over 21? What happens during the first time DUI offense?
- You pay up to a $2,000 fine
- Go to jail for 180 days
- Suspended license that lasts for 2 years
- An education program based on DWI intervention policies
- A device that locks the ignition on your vehicle if you have alcohol in your system
- An annual fee that is up to $2,000 for up to 3 years to hang onto your license
- Do I have to take a breathalyzer?
You cannot decline this test. Everyone in TX has to consent to the chemical tests like the breath or blood tests when they are pulled over. If you refuse to take a test, you may get an 180 day ALR (administrative license revocation)
If you have a DUI charge in the city of Houston, you need to start by searching online for the best DUI attorney in Houston Texas for the job. Call or contact Butler Law Firm today for your free consultation. If you have any comments or questions, leave them below here.