How Will A DWI/DUI Affect My Life, Job & Future?
So, you got convicted of a DWI or DUI offense charge and are wondering how the conviction will impact your insurance, future career, and other aspects of your life? Well, for starters, many employers tend to take a DUI charge pretty seriously; in fact, some employers won’t hesitate to terminate your employment after a DWI charge.
What’s more, should you be found guilty after a DUI or DWI charge, the conviction becomes a public record. It’s crucial for all drivers to understand the implications of a DUI conviction. Here are a few ways a DUI conviction can impact your life under the 2022 law:
- A 6–24-month suspension of your driver’s license
- A permanent criminal record (that becomes a public record), including your fingerprints and mug shot photo
- Costly mandatory fines that can vary depending on the facts surrounding your case
- Mandatory DUI classes attendance and/or counseling before any driver’s license suspension is lifted
- Installation of an Ignition Interlock Device system – at your expense – in your car for a period of 1–3 years
- Increased insurance premiums or you could lose your coverage altogether
- Denial of permission to enter some countries
Don’t let your DUI or DWI charge turn your life upside down. Instead, educate yourself and understand how to avoid the consequences of a DUI charge. We are here to make sure you understand the implications of drunk driving and the possible consequences of a DWI charge. Are you concerned about affording legal fees after a DUI charge? We assist drivers with pro bono drunk driving defense representation and can help with your case.
It is crucial that all drivers understand that there is reliable DUI legal advice and immediate representation available for those currently facing DUI charges. We help people – regardless of their financial status – to prevent and recover from the consequences of their negligent actions and present them with an opportunity to learn from their mistakes. The aftermath of a DUI charge can be damaging to all aspects of your life.
People charged and convicted of a DUI or DWI offense will not only get a permanent criminal record – one that will haunt them for the rest of their lives – but are also likely to:
- Lose their current jobs
- Struggle to find new employment
- Deal with increased insurance premiums
- Deal with reputation damage
- And so much more!
Do not underestimate the impacts of a DUI charge on your life! We ensure that drivers understand how a DUI or DWI can impact their personal and professional life. Let our experts help with your DUI case today so you can reclaim your life.