4 Reasons Not To Drink & Drive
3. Don’t Take Unnecessary Risks
Research shows that drivers typically underestimate the risk of DUI. Drivers often overestimate their capabilities and believe that they are still capable of driving safely.
However, being under the influence of alcohol can have a direct impact on the ability to drive safely. When you drive under the influence, you can expect to see:
- Visual Problems: Alcohol can alter your perception, making it harder to be aware of blind spots and hazards on the road.
- Slower Response Time: Driving under the influence can reduce coordination between your eyes and extremities, which can make you slower to react to other vehicles.
- Lack of Judgement: Even small amounts of alcohol can impact judgment and encourage impulsive behavior.
You may feel as though you can drive safely, even though you’ve been drinking, but that doesn’t mean you’re not affected. Don’t take the risk and stay off the road.
4. Don’t Risk Yourself Of Others
Driving under the influence puts you at risk, and it puts everyone else on the road at risk as well. If you get into an accident, you could seriously harm yourself or others. This could lead to significant medical bills or even long-term rehabilitation for your injuries.
If you don’t drink and drive, you’ll be able to avoid:
- Financial Penalties: Insurance companies can deny claims if you’ve been drinking and can also make you liable for the damage caused to accident victims. Both the legal and financial consequences can be severe.
- Employment Issues: If you’re convicted of a DWI, it could hurt your chances for promotion and could even cause you to lose your job. If you spend time in court, you’ll have to take time off work, which could reflect poorly on you. A license suspension could also make it difficult for you to get to work in the first place.
- Health Issues: Not only can alcohol cause short-term intoxication, but it can lead to long-term health issues, including chronic kidney or liver disease. Becoming dependent on alcohol can also lead to mental health issues, including anxiety and depression.
There’s no reason to risk the consequences of DUI in Houston. Even if you avoid an accident, you could be arrested, leading to fines or even jail time. A DWI conviction could impact your career prospects, your relationships, and many other aspects of your life. Stay safe and avoid driving when you’ve been drinking. tippmix pro
You Can Rely On Attorney Jim Butler
Are you facing DWI charges? Are you worried about what’s going to happen next? We can answer your questions and provide you with support during this time.
Jim Butler has more than two decades of experience as an attorney. bet hunter sportfogadas He’s helped many of his clients avoid jail time, allowing them to keep their jobs and avoid financial and emotional suffering. Currently, Jim exclusively handles DWI cases. ingyen letölthető nyerőgépes játékok Although Jim doesn’t support driving under the influence, he knows that there are innocent people that are charged with DWIs. This is why he chose to represent clients and protect their rights.
If you’re facing a DWI charge, don’t hesitate! Find out more about your options and get a free case assessment by contacting or calling Jim Butler today at (713) 236-8744. Missed the first issue of this article? Click here!