Ramifications Of Drunk Driving In Houston
Operating a vehicle when under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a criminal activity. Given that this type of conduct poses such a significant risk to others, the penalties imposed all across the country on those found guilty of such offenses are growing more severe all the time.
Disregard for a moment the danger you are inflicting on yourself and everyone else who shares the roads. The fact is that if you are apprehended driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol, the criminal record that can result is something that will follow you for years, harming your employment prospects, your relationships, and your finances.
If you are stopped by police and found to be driving drunk:
- You will be arrested and likely taken to jail where someone close to you will need to post a bond to secure your release.
- You will have a court date where your case will be decided by a judge or perhaps a jury. If your blood alcohol level at the time of your traffic stop was over 0.08, you can be found guilty of a crime in every state in the country.
- There will be heavy fines and court costs to pay. You may also receive a term of probation which also brings supervision fees of its own. ivermectina barato
- You will almost certainly face a suspension or revocation of your driver’s license. In order to regain your ability to legally drive, you may need to undergo an alcohol assessment and education. ivermectin for rabbits tractor supply
- If it is determined that you have a problem with substance abuse, mandatory treatment will be imposed as a condition of license reinstatement.
- Your auto insurance costs are sure to skyrocket.
- You may be forced to foot the bill for an ignition interlock device to be installed on the car that will prevent you from driving if you have been drinking.
These are just some of the potential costs of getting caught drunk driving. However, the implications of a conviction in this realm can extend far beyond the courtroom to impact other areas of life, including social and professional ones.
The question is whether driving drunk is really worth the pain it can ultimately cause. It is a much wiser decision to simply call a friend or perhaps a rideshare company to get you home if you have had a few too many. ivexterm precio chedraui
Tips For Avoiding A Drunk Driving Stop
If you must drink, but wish to steer clear of the countless problems getting caught driving can produce, consider the following advice:
- When you drink, do not get behind the wheel, no matter what.
- Always have a designated driver selected in advance of any social event where drinking will occur.
- If you drink too much and lack a pre-determined driver, call a friend, loved one, or taxi to take you home.
- Stay put, if necessary, until you are sober.
- Never get into a car with another driver who is impaired
- If you see someone preparing to drive drunk, take their car keys and arrange for alternate transportation.
Got a DUI/DWI charge? Give Atty. Jim a call today and let him give you a free consultation so that you can get the help that you need.