Helpful Ideas On Dealing With Your Houston DUI Charge
The information contained below is not intended to be a source of legal information in any way or to act as a replacement for legal information and isn’t intended to provide individuals with a means to fight a DUI. An individual should never drink and drive and should seek alternative means of transport (cab, bus, or other public transportation) or select a designated driver after consuming alcohol. Any person who has been arrested and charged with driving under the influence should consult an attorney for legal advice with regards to the actions that they should take to remedy the situation.
Statistics related to the number of drivers who operate a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol are simply staggering. لعبة الابراج The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) state that the figures have decreased marginally over the past few years and quote the following data:
- Fatalities resulting from alcohol-related motor vehicle accidents have fallen notably in the last 30 years.
- However, an estimated 28 people die in accidents related to alcohol across the United States. This is the national average and the number could be much higher on some days than others.
- Around 10,000 lives are lost every year due to alcohol-related motor vehicle accidents.
- Over $52 billion is spent every year on alcohol-related accidents.
What To Do When You Are Stopped For A DUI?
Once again, it is critical not to get behind the wheel of a car if you have been consuming alcohol and rather make alternative transportation arrangements. If you did not follow this advice and have been pulled over for drinking and driving, there are some general steps that you should take:
- Pullover where it is safe to do so. The police are monitoring your actions and if they suspect you have been drinking, not pulling over isn’t going to play in your favor. If you keep driving, you may cause an accident, face additional charges and it will make you look guilty.
- Stay calm and stay in your vehicle. Don’t make any sudden or suspicious movements. خريطة رالي داكار السعودية 2022 Remember that the law enforcement officers are watching everything you are doing. بطاقة كاش يو Keep your hands on the steering wheel and don’t try to hide any evidence like open alcoholic beverages or drugs.
- Be polite and cooperate with the police. Getting into an argument with an officer is not going to help you. You are more likely to be arrested if you are rude, agitated, and hostile even if your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is below the legal limit. Don’t go overboard and be too chatty or complimentary either as this can also appear suspicious.