A Deeper Understanding About Houston DUI
Will a DUI or DWI case ruin my career?
Hiring a Houston DUI has two advantages: first, he prevents a DUI case from ruining your career and your life. And second, he represents you in court and fights on your behalf to reduce the charges or even dismiss them if possible. Although no one can guarantee success in such cases, it’s still a chance worth taking, especially when you think of your job and your future. Here are a few ways that a DUI case may negatively impact your career:
- CDL drivers – If you have a commercial driver’s license, you may need to find a new job after a DUI offense. According to Californian law, a DUI conviction prohibits you from getting a CDL for 55 years. 1xbet arabic
- Furthering your education – Pursuing higher education may become challenging if you have a DUI case on your record. A few colleges and universities don’t accept students who have been earlier convicted for drinking under the influence of alcohol.
- New jobs – Many employers want to know whether candidates have a history of criminal records. They may ask you to disclose your records, including your DUI history. That may go against you, as some employers don’t want to hire employees with a criminal background because they think the candidates would become a liability.
- Missing work – Sure, you can hide a DUI offense from your employer. In fact, you may have been able to do it successfully until now, but your work schedule will go for a toss sooner or later. DUI cases require you to appear in court, attend probation meetings, spend time in jail, and attend substance abuse programs and DUI classes. All these can take up a lot of time from your work life and may hamper your progress at your office.
- Professional licenses – A professional license is essential for a few jobs. Some of the common jobs under this category are doctors, nurses, accountants, and lawyers. Most agencies will tell you to disclose your DUI conviction report to your employer, especially if you are involved in one of the above jobs and have a professional license. The court may suspend your license, depending on the severity of the case. افضل موقع مراهنات عربي
- Diversion programs – Attending a diversion or rehabilitative program may help you avoid jail time after a DUI offense. Although it’s beneficial that you don’t have to spend your time in jail, you may end up losing your job. The courts will ask you to inform your lawyer about the case, and you may soon see a caseworker at your office.
- Mandatory firing – Nowadays, it’s mandatory in some offices for employees to report their arrest to the employer as soon as possible. Some employers even specify the provisions after an arrest on the employee handbook that says employees may face immediate termination if they get convicted for any type of crime.
- Driving to work – You may lose your license after a DUI conviction, which may affect your career if you make your living by driving cabs or commercial vehicles. Many people may not be able to afford rideshare services or take a cab to work every day. Moreover, you can’t always rely on public transportation if you have to reach work on time. العاب القمار
Visit our blog for more related articles. We also invite you to contact or call us today if you are in need of the best DWI Law Attorney in Houston. Missed the first article in this series? Click here!